Monday, November 5, 2007

Interpersonal Meltdown

As the days and months just fly by, and the realization on a daily basis that I am not getting any younger seeps in, I feel pressured to be more involved with people. At 24 & a 1/2 I am starting to see a bit of a transformation towards the understanding of impermanence, and how to open up to people that I generally would never open up to before. I have found that I learn so much more from these few people I have met in the last year, then almost anyone I met through school.

I suppose it is because, a couple years ago, I would have not given them the time of day because they do not share my opinion on things, or have much different behavior, and interests. Yet this is what makes them so interesting. Maybe it was my immature view towards relating to people, but when you only associate with people who think and act much to like you, that is what will seal you off from any real sense of community or understanding. Much like your frat house, or church groups.

Through opening up to these people, I have in turn learned a great deal about myself, and just what it means to compassionately care enough about anyone, and everyone. Two years ago I would have never seen these people in my life, but now, I can't see myself without them.

Thus, the meltdown is the transformation of myself, and moving into another realm of thought and understanding on the ways people are, and what it means to be 'friends'. And I look forward to having this perspective change and grow into the future, and fuel many other fascinating journeys into the interpersonal world.

No comments: