Saturday, November 10, 2007

Writers Block

So, as a new blogger, and fighting the sense that no one is going to understand my words, it holds me back from assuming I could get anyone behind me with my thoughts. But you know, its a process. Nothing worth while happens instantly. I enjoy what this window to the world offers people, but sometimes, you have to look at it and go, what the hell am I going to write about?

Its fun, its challenging. After enough times, it makes you start getting a bit more creative and critical with how your writings are displayed to the world. Your topics can become much more appealing, and much more concise for the reader. (except this one)

Which brings me to another point. Its not just the information you have for people, but how you display it. It is your responsibility as a writer to make people WANT to read what you have. You cannot just throw up some words with some personality and assume people are going to be curious to just want to know more about you. Cause I know I am not.

As I travel through the blogs, and see what some people figure as 'interesting', or appealing really astounds me. You see how well their intentions are reflected in their words. they showed up, wrote down some words, and threw them onto a web page, assuming that people would just read it and be blown away. Punctuation errors and all.

In my belief, it takes much more care, and personality then that to make a lasting impression on a reader, and their intellect. I think blogger should also offer daily topics, for community writing, or such. Things encourage structure, and concise layouts of thought.

Anyways, until next time, I will keep chiseling at my writiers block, working on my statue.

2 comments:

Shayna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shayna said...

I love your words...they make me smile!! can't wait to read more!