Thursday, November 22, 2007

To Give Thanks

I am one of those loner people who doesn't have much family around, and even if they were, there wouldn't be much of a Thanksgiving. Besides, ever since my father passed away, and I have been living on my own, I appreciate the ability to sit in my living room, on my laptop, and cook dinner for myself. Then I just relax, enjoy a bottle of wine, and reflect on life.

But what does inspire me, is the adamant nature of everyone surrounding me in this life that are so thoughtful to always invite me to thanksgiving dinner. These holiday times bring the best out of people. Everyone from my best friends, to my co-workers, to others are just associates, and all of them so adamant to keep me from being alone this Thanksgiving.

It is so inspiring, and refreshing to see such a generous attitude from these people, and replenishes that strung out feeling that humanity is an all consuming organism, and that no one really cares. Then these times don't necessarily fight against the consumption point, but does remind me that most people are pure hearted souls who genuinely give a damn about all those people near them.

So I suppose that in the end, I am giving thanks to all those out there who went out of their way to give a lost soul a family home this holiday. Thank you for reaching out to a less fortunate, and being what we all know we can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The holidays do bring the best out of people. It's refreshing to know that there are still caring people around and it makes you feel that it's not a lousy world we live in after all.

Welcome to the world of blogging on Blogspot! I just started 7 months ago.